BRAVO 20

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

3d prize!

I was surprised yesterday when I leafed through the recent issue of French magazine RĂ©ponses Photo: suddenly I hit upon a double page with three of my own pictures! Apparently I had won 3d prize in the RĂ©ponses Photo/Riedisheim/Epson photo competition "Visions d'Europe". I had been completely unaware of it. The prize comes with an Epson R1900 printer and with an opportunity to exhibit at the Semain de Photo, late March, at Riedisheim (Mulhouse). The jury received 150 portfolios, selected 20 photographers for the finals and awarded three prizes. First prize was for Jacques Delplan, another Belgian, and second for Anthony Ceccarelli from France. The jury on the Capitals portfolio: "An elephant in Budapest, a swan in the snows of Bratislava, a lady looking wistfully across the frozen sea at Helsinki. Philippe has travelled through Europe with his panoramic Horizon 220 and brought back a series of mellow and intriguing images, where space and melancholy meet to a create a beautiful atmosphere. A very accomplished, silent road movie ..."

3 Comments:

  • Congratulations, Philippe.

    The series on the European Capitals is a fantastic one - great idea and wonderful pictures!

    Gemma

    By Blogger Gemma, at 9:12 PM  

  • Philippe,

    I saw it today when I looked quickly in the new PR at one of my clients. I recognised your "elephant in Budapest". Congratulations. Do you have to sent other work from your European Capitals Project for the expo?
    It' s great that this project keeps having succes.
    CU,

    Peter

    By Blogger Peter M, at 9:33 PM  

  • Thanks for the comments! Yes, I'd get to show minimum 10 pictures. On the other hand I really need to be working on something else. All kinds of stuff is emerging but nothing close to finishing ...

    By Blogger Philippe, at 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home