BRAVO 20

Monday, January 14, 2008

Westcorner

Late in November I spent a weekend together with Jos Motmans, a friend and colleague of mine. Jos and I want to write a book together. But it's hard. Both of us have so many other commitments. So we decided to get away from it all for a few days to work on our book. Jos has access to a small cottage somewhere in the Westhoek, an area close to the sea. It's typical "polder"country: emphatically rural, flat as a billiard table, huge skies. I took my Fuji 645 with me although suffering from a cold I had little appetite for pictures those days. Anyway, I was scanning these negatives to see how large I might print these kinds of 6x4,5. With Johan's Coolscan 9000 or Hans' X1 I should be able to go to up to 100cm. That might be sufficient for what I have in mind for my Pakistan pictures. But I'd like to do a side by side comparison between, say, 6x4,5, 6x9 and 4x5" before I decide what to take on that trip. 

Pictures above (taken on a stray roll of Delta 100)  are not great, but it's the best I have these days. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home