BRAVO 20

Friday, December 21, 2007

Scheveningen, some day

Where were we? I haven't taken a picture in weeks, despite the fact that I have the Fuji GS645 in my backpack all the time. I'm just tired; not enough mental energy to really look at all the places I have been passing through: Geneva, The Hague, Scheveningen, Brussels, ... In Scheveningen I would have liked more time for pictures. It's an eery place, particularly in winter. Windy, deserted boulevards squeezed in between blocks of soulless, slightly vulgar chain hotels. And then, despite its size, somewhere lost: the architectural oddity of the Kurhaus. Almost literally a beached whale. After an exhausting workshop day, my colleague Alexandra and I did a quick run on a dark beach along a waterline faintly illuminated by the carnavelesque neonlights of the esplanade. The almost tangible bundle of the lighthouse swept over our heads. I will certainly return with a large format camera, preferably on a winter day under dull, gray, hazy skies. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home