BRAVO 20

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Pola 600


Last weekend, when I made my way from Chemnitz to Berlin I made a stop in Leipzig. With an hour to kill between two trains, I descended into the huge, cavernous shopping mall buried under Leipzig Hauptbahnhof. I popped into the Saturn to buy some extra film when my eye caught this offer for a simple Polaroid camera and assorted film. I bought one for 35 euro and added six packets of 600 film. It works like a breeze. Much easier to handle than the older Polaroid 340 I have. With auto exposure and autofocus, it's basically push button. The lens is a plastic 2-element thingie. It's great to see the undeveloped picture pop out of the camera and then see the image emerge over a span of merely two minutes. And then there are those wacky, washed-out, adorable polaroid colours.

I had a great time in Berlin shooting a stack of polas. This is one of the first images, taken near Alexanderplatz. I'll post a few more later on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home