BRAVO 20

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Marko


I went to Chemnitz this weekend to attend the opening of our "Street-People-Nature" exhibition at the Tietz, featuring pictures by Marko, Nobuhiro Nagashima and myself. Marko has put a lot of work in setting the whole thing up. The presentation of the pictures was very clean and tasteful. I was very happy with it. Marko counted 35 people at the opening. He was disappointed by the low turnout but I know from previous experience that it is not easy to get people afoot for a photo exhibition.

For me it was a good opportunity to meet Marko's partner Annette and their very charming little daughter Akemi. I was also very pleased to get to know Marko's mother in law and his boss, Herbert. All very good people.

It was also a real pleasure to finally see the pictures of our brother in arms, Nobi. His approach is very discrete and understated, with a tinge of melancholy. I would say: very Japanese, but that may be stereotyping his way of working. However, definitely Japanese is his attention for detail in presentation. Framing, matting and signing of his pictures was obviously done with great care. It really shows.

Above two portraits from Marko, taken with the Hexar RF with a Zeiss Biogon 28/2.8 and then cropped. Film is Neopan 1600. I hope he likes the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home