BRAVO 20

Monday, January 29, 2007

Gabon Portraits

Another very busy week with hardly any time for pictures. The only thing I have been able to accomplish in the last couple of weeks is to make a good start with the scanning of all the portraits I took in Gabon early 2006. The picture above shows only half of the total collection. All these people were involved in a process of drawing up a strategic process for a remote area in the southwest of Gabon. All photos were taken with the Rolleiflex 3.5E on Efke (Adox) 100, which in my opinion is unbeatable for portrait work. Natural light for all pictures, no tripod and just one negative for each sitter.

2 Comments:

  • These portraits are absolutely stunning. These little thumbnails don't do them justice, but I was lucky enough to see some of them from a very close distance ;-)

    By Blogger Johan Doumont, at 12:54 AM  

  • I agree with johan. Wonderful portraits. But for me, something to small ;o) My only portrait with a Rolleiflex i have make on our Dresden tour. The beautiful smiling girl, that i have photograph spontaneous.

    By Blogger Marko, at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home