BRAVO 20

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Slopes

We'll be hitting the slopes really soon. Tomorrow we're driving to Basel and the next day onwards to Klosters, where we will stay a week in a chalet with fellow photographer Hans Bol and his Swiss wife Joli. For me it is 30 years ago I stood on skis. Ann and Emma have never been to the snow. So this will be an adventure for us all. I hope to return in one piece.

I took the picture above about two weeks ago, on an early morning flight from Brussels to Rome. It was a crazy day in which we did Brussels - Rome - Venice - Milan - Brussels on one day and managed to squeeze in an 5 hour meeting in Venice also. Our plane hung above the Alps around 7:45am on that crisp winter morning. I had the Leica CM, loaded with Neopan 1600, with me and took a few pictures from the window. We cut into the alpine arc west of Munich, traversed Austrian Tirol and Italian Alto Adige and Trentino. I recognised the magnificent peaks of the Ortler range and the glacial slopes of the Adamello-Presanella group. It was above the splendid Lago di Garda that we took our leave of this marvellous landscape.

More news in a good week's time. I am taking the D80 and the Mamiya 6 with me ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home