BRAVO 20

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The best of the rest ...

My series of four black & white portraits of Burundi women has been included in the Christmas issue of the UK magazine Black & White Photography under the heading "The Best of the Rest". Indeed, it looks like I narrowly missed the mark in the 2006 B&W Photographer of the Year competition. The winners were published in last month's issue and now there is a series of five entries that just didn't make it but have been considered worthwhile to publish. It's great to feature twice in a year in this serious magazine!

The pictures are very nicely printed albeit it seems they are a tad warmer than I print them myself. The accompanying text is a fairly accurate reflection of the telephone conversation I had with one of their editors. There's a tiny little mistake in the technical details: D76 is a Kodak product. Wet darkroom culture is definitely going out ... ;-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home