BRAVO 20

Monday, March 03, 2008

Maelstrom

Again we emerge from the maelstrom of professional obligations. I have been travelling up and down to London, Geneva and The Hague over the last two weeks with hardly any time to think photography. As usual I had an assortment of cameras in my backpack but hardly anything came of it. 

I got the Bronica RF645 back from Robert White with the viewfinder realigned. Very nice camera, by the way. 

I also purchased a minty Fuji GW690 III from a Dutch photographer. I had a GSW (superwide) version of this camera before, which I sold. The version with the slightly faster normal lens (90/3.5) might do the trick in Pakistan I think. I need to do some side-by-side comparisons of  4x5" with 6x9cm taking into account the enormous gain in convenience by working with a very portable, sturdy, batterly-independent rangefinder camera as opposed to the tripod-confined field camera. 

The exhibition at the Berlaymont building is now well under way and I got some favourable reactions and sold some extra books as a result. One of the buyers told me "the book is better than I expected", so you wonder what people actually expect!

Millennium Images accepted my first batch of final scans, sealed the contract and also selected 20 additional images from my second submission. About half of those are pictures "préparation maison", with scratches, dust specks and halos, a number of which I have shown on this blog. 

That's been the news of the last two weeks. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home