BRAVO 20

Monday, February 11, 2008

A note from JMB

Just back from a short but very relaxing ski break. Upon my return I found a little note in the mail from José Manuel Barroso, President of the European Commission, in response to the Capitals book I sent him in December: 

Dear Mr. Vandenbroeck, 

I saw with great interest and admiration your book on 27 European Capitals. Let me very sincerely congratulate you for your 'photographic journey'. I really enjoyed seeing in such a way so many cities I've visited before. And it's not because of 'chauvinism' but one of the photos I most like is the one of Lisbon! Pessoa and 'Amor' in the wall, the stoned street floor, the melancholy and the light, this is indeed my Lisbon! Thank you and congratulations! JMB

Quite nice of Mr. Barroso to take out a little time and write this sympathetic and perceptive reaction. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home