BRAVO 20

Monday, November 26, 2007

Superia 1600


I've been shooting some colour lately, Fuji Superia 1600 to be precise. I'm a complete moron when it comes to colour. I don't know how to shoot colour, how to scan and print colour. But here are some tentative experiments, mostly with the Konica Hexar RF and the Minolta TC-1. At first sight I find the colour palette of this high sensitivity film attractive; it mixes the cold bluishness of the old Superia 800 with the warmer, somewhat earthy colours or the Reala. Reds really shine. The grain is noticeable but attractive. It seems to work well under very different lighting conditions, including artificial lights. I look forward to put it further to the test (I have to as the freezer is now well stocked with this emulsion). 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home