BRAVO 20

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Power's Two Songs

Here is an interesting Q&A with photographer Mark Power. He was one of the tutors (together with Carl De Keyser and David Hurn) at the Magnum workshop I followed last year in Brighton. Power does good work, slowly and meticulously. Everything on 4x5". I respect him for a very virtuosic but also very disciplined photographic vision. I think his 26 Different Endings is the kind of urban photo project that strikes just the right kind of balance between 'context' and 'autonomy'. Obviously, there is a lot of suburban tristesse in that work too, but the project has been so cleverly conceptualized that it opens interesting vistas beyond the pictures too. I look forward to his new book. Yes, indeed, I would love to be able to 'see sound' ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home