BRAVO 20

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Printing large





Yesterday I was at Hans Bol's place, close to Nijmegen, to produce a first batch of large format prints (80x100 cm) of 'mountain portraits' for an exhibition to be held later this fall at Hubermont Centre for Development. I scanned the 4x5" negatives on my Imacon and Hans printed via Imageprint RIP on his Epson 11990 on Ilford Smooth Pearl paper. We did a test on a matte stock as well but I preferred the greater snap and depth of the satin paper. It's significantly cheaper too. It's great to see these big images roll out of the printer. I am happy with the quality of the scans. The Imacon was certainly a good investment. 4x5" remains a fantastic medium and seeing these kinds of results it certainly is a boost to my motivation to continue to carry these heavy cameras high up in the Alps ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home