BRAVO 20

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tri-X pushed

Meanwhile I have my 6x4.5 negs back from the lab. I am very satisfied by the very scrupulous handling of the material by Photostudio 13 in Stuttgart. They are doing a superb job.

This is 320 Tri-X which has been pushed one good stop to 800 asa. Hence there is an increase in grain and a decrease in contrast. I had good results with that last year in Rome and I thought it would work well in Iceland too. It is now clear that I will have two very different sets of images: the clean, square negs on chromogenic film and the more gritty stuff on the pushed Tri-X. Not sure whether I will be able to weave them in a single portfolio that makes sense.

Above is an image taken on the Faeroer islands where we spent a couple of days on our way to Iceland. We had pretty sombre weather, with lots of rain and very low cloud cover. On the picture is a salmon farm in a cold, foggy fjord in the northern archipelago. The muted tones and the grain work well here. Again it's a very simple, sober image that connects with the other images I'd like to collate in a portfolio.

[Oops, I notice lots of artefacts in the jpg. Not sure why that is ... I'll post another copy of the image when I have a handle on this problem]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home