BRAVO 20

Friday, July 17, 2009

Dent d'Hérens

Last posting before I leave for Iceland. Above is a picture of a Matterhorn neighbour, the Dent d'Hérens, a wild 4000m peak whose north face invites comparison with much bigger peaks in the Himalayas. An Eiffel tower would reach only one third up the face. I am very happy with this image which brings out the uncompromising savagery of this environment with great power. A big print will surely make an impression.

So now on to Iceland. First to Denmark by car, then onwards by boat to the Faeroer and the east coast of Iceland. Quite an adventure, also for the family. I have lots of photo material with me with a full Hasselblad kit (a 500 C/M borrowed from Johan, a Flexbody and an SWC and 4 lenses: 60mm Distagon, 100mm Planar, 160mm Tessar, 250mm Sonnar SA. Then also the Bronica RF 645. A Pola 600 shooter with 30 packs of film. And a Leica CM. My intention is to make a visual travelogue much the same way I did on our road trip through France and Italy last year. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home