BRAVO 20

Sunday, August 12, 2007

R.I.N.A.S.C.I.M.E.N.T.O.


I have just returned from the TPW photo workshop with Lorenzo Castore. It has been a benchmark experience, a deep learning process as I have had the privilege to be part of only very very few times in my life. There is no doubt in my mind that Lorenzo is the most formidable teacher (or “initiator”) I ever met. He has given everything, wholeheartedly, authentically and deeply seriously. This has not been a course on technical trivia but it has been a process of six people – Alexander, Anastasia, Chiara, Federico, Lorenzo and myself - of coming to grips with photography as a way of honestly making sense of the world and our lives. The basis of this process of deep learning has been trust. During this week we have given it, unreservedly. It has carried us through occasional moments of great difficulty and delicacy. The result has been for me, and I am sure it applies to us all, a quantum leap in my development as a human being and as a photographer. I will never be able to deny that I went through this, that I have seen truth in pictures, that it is necessary to be ruthlessly critical to oneself. Today, as a result of this experience, I feel very strong. I hope this strength will stay with me. Thank you, Alexander, Anastasia, Chiara, Federico, Claudia, Giuliano, Lorenzo.

“Reborn, he know, he takes pity.
Finally, he can teach.”
(Michel Serres).

Picture above taken on Tuesday, August 6th, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home