BRAVO 20

Monday, July 30, 2007

Mountain Portrait


My 4x5" negatives have been developed and it looks like there is plenty of good stuff. That is really reassuring as I had no idea how the pictures would come out. Here is the first neg I scanned. It's very much the kind of image I'm looking for in my Mountain Portrait portfolio. I'm genuinely pleased with it. It's a frontal take on two rather modest peaks in the Valle Gesso, Alpi Maritimi. I love the massive bulk and mineral chaos suggested by the picture. It's very difficult to get a sense of scale. Zooming in reveals a tiny little bulldozer on the road just above the whitish slab of unstable "geröll" in the lower righthand corner. This is the only element that allows to get a sense of the vast dimensions of this natural phenomenon. Also nice is the difference in contrast between the lower and the (hazier) upper part of the picture. All of this I like. A good addition to the portfolio. More to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home