BRAVO 20

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Picture of the day - Orvieto

The year is drawing to a close and I have some time to spend in the digital darkroom.

I am now printing all the images from my so-called "Italian Portfolio" in 10'x10' size on heavyweight Hahnemühle Photo Rag with the Epson R2400 inkjet printer.

This picture was taken last summer in the splendid hilltop town of Orvieto. There was a roll of Efke 100 (nowadays Adox) in my trusted Rolleiflex 3.5E. It shows a typical Italian 'ambiente': a mixture of fragile, weathered beauty and down-to-earth carelessness.

More images of this portfolio are on display on a dedicated website. However, I am planning to expand the portfolio with pictures from other Mediterranean settings. It might take a while until this project finds its final shape.

1 Comments:

  • My digital darkroom is a Imac G5, Konica Minolta Dimage Scan Elite 5400 II and an old Epson C64 printer. I never print my images on paper with ink! Is to expensive. I scan then i work on the picture with Photoshop, and the burn on CD, and then Digital printing on our famous ORWO lab.

    By Blogger Marko, at 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home